Why does one go to temple?

I am currently studying in Varanasi, which is considered to be one holy and sacred city. One can find many temples like main VT, Sankat Mochan etc. Thousands of people daily worship GOD in these temples. I am also used to go to these temples, at least once a week. God is considered to be supreme power, which controls all things. God is believed to be origin of everything as per ancient literature.

I being into research, always try to find logic behind any process, event or thinking. So, one day I was just questioning myself, “what is god? Why am I going to these temples?” I was just going to temples, praying to god without even knowing what is god, but still I was praying to him.

So, I started making assumptions like god is nothing but a power which is there to balance whatever you do. If you do something good, he would something good and if done something wrong, he would return something bad. But, once while discussing this with one of my friends; he countered me if this has been God, what I was assuming, why innocent people are killed daily? They must have not done such punishment. TRUE! I was forced to reassess. My reasoning was challenged and then after a lot of analysis, I have concluded that God is nothing but a positive energy, a positive attitude, and a positive way of thinking, inside each of us. Whenever we are abased or in any difficulty, we used to pray to God. In fact, I think, we are praying for that positive energy to triumph over those problems. God is nothing but a faith, a confidence that with hard work and dedication one can overcome any situation. God is not a thing or human, he won’t come and solve problems for you. People has given shape to that confidence, believe and faith so people can find some encouragement, when feeling low. So, when I go to temple, I show and further my faith in my abilities that Yes, I can ;)

Comments

  1. sahi kaha..!!

    maybe god is those people who matter to us..like
    our parents,frends etc. we should love them care for them and help them

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Origin of consciousness?

Comparison of Indian and US education system

How common man can play its part in curbing terrorism: